Valentines Executive Travel Solutions, who are based in Wrexham North Wales, specialise in providing a tailored private hire service that is designed to offer you with the perfect transport solution. When I was approached by VTS, I was still in university and the business was being run by father and son Jerry and Chris Valentine, it was Chris who approached me asking to help them design and build a new website.
The partners required a way to reach out to potential new clients in order to increase bookings and felt that a user friendly website was a good way to help them do so. After meeting up with the client to discuss and agree their requirements it was decided that main purpose of the website would be to advertise what the business is a about and to give clients an insight into how they operate. In addition, providing information such as contact details and functionality for users to be able to get in touch with the business via a contact form on the website was also agreed.
Once I gathered an understanding of what Jerry and Chris wanted I decided to build them a fully content managed website using Umbraco (v6.x) as the core platform. Providing valentines with a CMS meant it would allow them to manage the website content themselves by having the option to add, edit and update pages easily and quickly. Some of the additional functionality/features that I also implemented were
- An eye catching home page carousel which permitted editors to add banner images to showcase inside and outside their executive fleet of vehicles.
- A company news/blog section which also filtered latest stories through to the home page
- A breadcrumb trail and site map page to improve site navigation and improve the users journey
- Social media integration by hooking into Facebook and Twitter API’s to pull in latest posts and display them on the website
- A services page to showcase a list of services that VTS offer. This was also content managed meaning new services could be added, updated or removed based on what the business requires. These were also filtered through to the home page.
- A driver’s page to allow them to provide information about the employees who drive for the business. This was also content managed meaning new services could be added, updated or removed based on what the business requires
- Contact us page with a bespoke booking form and google map feature
- An about us page to provide some background information into the business
- Google analytics
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) ready
- Responsive features to improve how the website is displayed on alternative viewports such as mobile devices
- Recommended and assisted with setting up hosting and company email addresses
Upon completion of the website build, training was provided and Jerry and Chris seemed really pleased with the final outcome of everything. To this day, I continue to work closely with the client and regularly assist them with whatever queries they have.
If you would like to view the work that I delivered for valentines then please visit their website www.valentinetravel.co.uk. Please note, as this website is fully content managed it may have been altered since it was handed over.